Tuesday 23 January 2018

staying happy in winter

I think that everybody has the January Blues at the moment. I've decided to pull together a few things that have helped to cheer me up this month, hopefully these can help to pick you up if you're feeling the January Blues like myself.

Lush's The Comforter Bubble Bar.
This bubble bar is the ultimate mood boosting treat. You only have to break off a bit of the bar under the running water and you suddenly get a fruity foam. The cassis absolute gives a long blackcurrant fragrance, while bergamot adds an uplifting note.

A Good Book.
I'm currently reading a new book that I picked up a few weeks ago and that is The Night Circus by Eric Morgenstern which I had heard so many great things about. I am a few chapters in and I am so hooked. I love to read this in the evening with the fairy lights on and a few candles lit.

Treat Yourself.
Whether it's some new comfy loungewear, fresh flowers or make-up, sometimes a new luxe treat can help to cheer you up and make you feel that little bit happier. I'm tempted by the new Loccitane collection with Rifle Paper as it all looks so dreamy.

Plan Events.
This could be meeting up with a friend for a coffee, planning something exciting can help to keep you focused on the positives. I absolutely love planning and organising. Searching for a Summer holiday is definitely going to make me super happy!

Go For Walks.
Nothing worse than staying inside even if it is cold outside, I love to go for a brisk walk around the block early on a frosty, sunny morning as it helps to wake me up and motivates me for the day ahead. I'll be going to Devon pretty soon and going for walks along the beach excites me.
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I honestly can't wait for January to be over but a walk can definitely do wonders for your mood!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing better to keep proactive than going for a walk when you're feeling a little down. Lovely tips x
    Amber | www.amberatlanta.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig